Sunday 8 February 2009

Welcome

Hi, I'm  a final year Fine Art degree student from Kingston university. With this Blog I wish to discuss my influences and inspirations I use to create work, not only ideas I gain from from contemporary art but also from film and animation, literature as well as ideas relating to visual culture on a wider level.
  At the moment I find interesting issues relating to the hyper-real in contemporary society the edge between memory and fiction. Also how we relate to mass media imagery as a society and as individuals. I am interested in the both the metaphysical and  varied notions of the real, non spaces between abstraction and representation from Virtual reality to the poetic reality, from symbolic and metaphorical to the social and neo realist in cinema.
  My work is mainly 2-Dimensional from collage and photography to drawing, print and painting, all media inform all others in a constant cycle of interpretation and reinterpretation.
   Anyone else with a shared interest in the ideas which I write about is more than welcome to contribute or inform me. Please email me at afservini@googlemail.com
Thank you and enjoy!!